cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:32:29 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>On 4/12/03 0:31, "Tony Collen" <colle006@umn.edu> wrote:
>

>>Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>>There was a reason why I posted it here, even if slightly off-topic :-)
>>>

>>No way, it's totally on-topic.. as a matter of fact, the original
>>ApacheModProxy article got me linking Jetty and Apache together in the
>>first place... I even have a nice solution for hosting virtualhosts from
>>the same instance of Cocoon, using subsitemaps.
>>

>Dude, I need that badly! :-) At VNU we're building an app requiring skinning
>on a "per-virtualhost" basis, but I want to share the caches between all the
>different virtualhosts.
>
>Basically, all that changes between the different virtual hosts are the
>different stylesheets, but the source documents are the same, and I cannot
>force every virtual host to use a some-sort of uniqueness in the URIs.
>
>If you can provide a snippet of that sub-sitemaps system, I'll be grateful!
>
>    Pier

If relevant, I've started extending the MountTableMatcher to include the
code from the host selector. This means that you can set up virtual
hosts in the matchtable.xml file, and have sitemaps mounted based upon
hostname.

If it is relevent, let me know, and I'll see if I can finish and commit it.

Regards, Upayavira