cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Apache-korea.org (Cocoon tools)
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:27:12 GMT
I think the tools department is a good idea.

It could be used as some sort of "incubator" where tools can mature
before developers decide whether it's worth including it in the main
distribution or not.

People could put their own custom
generators/serializers/transformers/stylesheets/forms/flowscripts there,
thus increasing the sharing of available knowledge. I'm sure some great
tools will appear because of this.

Agreed the wiki has all of this as well, but wiki.cocoondev.org doesn't
sound as crisp and clear as eg tools.cocoondev.org.

The only possible problem i see is the possible scattering of knowledge
accross yet another website or wiki.

but overall (in the style of the cocoon committers)

+1

Jorg

Arje Cahn wrote:

> Just so you PMC guys know what happened.
> I got a response from the Korean guy that runs cocoon.apache-korea.org. This is what
he said:

> 	Dear Arje Cahn
> 	I'm Keyseon, Min.
> 	I am a korean undergraduate studing Cocoon and I am managing
> 	the site of cocoon.apache-korea.org.
> 	.... >snip< ...
> 	I thought Cocoon Sitemap Tracer don't be brought to completion.
>
> (which is completely right :-) )
>
> 	.... >snip< ...
> 	The cocoon.apache-korea.org is translation site into Korean. I
> 	hope to help korean developer or user use cocoon easily. The
> 	cocoon.apache-korea.org is independent of apache.org up to now.
> 	.... >snip< ...
> 	I would like to contribute to cocoon.apache.org and implement
> 	program continuously for the cocooner.
>
> Sounds ok. I've suggested him that it would be good to donate the tool to the cocoon.apache.org
group.

> On the other hand....
> "I hope to help korean developer or user use cocoon easily"
> That's an alarm bell ringing.
>
> Which leads me to the following question: what about a "tools" department for Cocoon?
I know there has been some talk of it, but what happened to it? Looks like Keyseon actually
created a seperate 'tools' department, apart from the Apache group, that should have been
inside the Cocoon site anyway.