cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:53:41 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Dude, I need that badly! :-) At VNU we're building an app requiring
>> skinning
>> on a "per-virtualhost" basis, but I want to share the caches between
>> all the
>> different virtualhosts.
>>
>> Basically, all that changes between the different virtual hosts are the
>> different stylesheets, but the source documents are the same, and I
>> cannot
>> force every virtual host to use a some-sort of uniqueness in the URIs.
>>
>> If you can provide a snippet of that sub-sitemaps system, I'll be
>> grateful!

If the only thing which changes is stylesheet you'd better off with
HostSelector; or may be you need to write HostMatcher; and you'll have
only one sitemap. HostSelector javadoc has a sample showing exactly what
you need, i.e. different stylesheet for different virtual hosts.

> It's easy: for each vhost, create whatever subsitemaps you want in
> Cocoon, then in each vhost config in httpd.conf, do something like:
>
> -------------------------------
> <VirtualHost 111.222.333.444>
>   ServerName    example.com
>   ServerAlias   www.example.com
>   ServerAdmin   root@example.com
>   DocumentRoot  /usr/local/vhosts/example.com
>
>   ProxyPass             /static/ !
>   ProxyPass             / http://localhost:8888/cocoon/example/
>   ProxyPassReverse      / http://localhost:8888/cocoon/example/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I'm using this on openWeather.com and it works perfectly.  My dream is
> to have all of my virtualhosts hosted this way, but that might never
> happen :^)

Slightly offtopic: do you know how to do virtual hosts on one IP address
(which has multiple DNS names)?

Vadim