cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:57:19 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Dude, I need that badly! :-) At VNU we're building an app requiring skinning
> on a "per-virtualhost" basis, but I want to share the caches between all the
> different virtualhosts.
>
> Basically, all that changes between the different virtual hosts are the
> different stylesheets, but the source documents are the same, and I cannot
> force every virtual host to use a some-sort of uniqueness in the URIs.
>
> If you can provide a snippet of that sub-sitemaps system, I'll be grateful!

It's easy: for each vhost, create whatever subsitemaps you want in
Cocoon, then in each vhost config in httpd.conf, do something like:

-------------------------------
<VirtualHost 111.222.333.444>
   ServerName    example.com
   ServerAlias   www.example.com
   ServerAdmin   root@example.com
   DocumentRoot  /usr/local/vhosts/example.com

   ProxyPass             /static/ !
   ProxyPass             / http://localhost:8888/cocoon/example/
   ProxyPassReverse      / http://localhost:8888/cocoon/example/
</VirtualHost>

I'm using this on openWeather.com and it works perfectly.  My dream is
to have all of my virtualhosts hosted this way, but that might never
happen :^)

>     Pier

Regards,

Tony, pondering httpd.conf's fake XML