cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/slide/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl SlideSourceFactory.java
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:16:35 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>> i have found a jta.jar in tomcat\common\lib
>>
>> tomcat 4.1.24
>

> My Tomcat 4.1.24 does not include a jta-***.jar. But if it's only a
> jta-spec.jar I guess it's similar to the servlet.jar, which we can
> include too.

   No, we can't!

See BUILDING.txt in jakarta-tomcat-4.0, tag TOMCAT_4_1_24:

    (18) Download and Install the Java Transaction APIs
    * Download the Java Transaction API (JTA) package (version 1.0.1) from:
        http://java.sun.com/products/jta/

We *can not* include jta.jar into the Cocoon CVS. However, release
manager can download it and build Cocoon release with jta.jar zipped
into the release. The reason for this (can distribute in zip/tgz, but
can not put into CVS) is Sun licensing (go read the license if you want).

Vadim