cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/slide/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl SlideSourceFactory.java
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:12:42 GMT
On 03.12.2003 13:54, Unico Hommes wrote:

>>I am thinking JDO. What's the reason for this?
>
> Never mind I found it. This one seems unavoidable. Still I don't like
> the fact that it is excluded by default. It means that I need to edit
> the blocks.properties in order to include ojb block. I think we need a
> way to overide excludes (by explicit includes in
> local.blocks.properties)
>
> WDYT?

I'm not that familiar with Java or the Avalon lifecycles, but here is my
analysis from
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FirstFridayDecember2003:

Make it possible to include also the OJB block by default without
breaking Cocoon. This is a really important issue as it breaks our
suggested build system workflow using local.blocks.properties! You can
not include blocks when they are excluded in blocks.properties.

AFAIU the reason for the problem is factory = new OjbStorePMF(); in the
initialize() method in JdoPMFImpl.java. Isn't it possible to do lazy
initializing when accessing factory the first time? I guess this has to
be done in getPersistenceManager().

Is the lazy initializing doable?

Joerg