cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Spaces in request parameters: Problems with raw-request-param
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:13:23 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Christian Haul wrote:
>
>> I'm fine with any solution that tries to maintain current behaviour as
>> much as possible. Indeed, there
>> is a necessity to access the undecoded parameters or at least easily
>> access  re-encoded parameters.
>> Mind you, though, that you might need to encode the parameter name as
>> well! E.g "parameter[1]=foo++bar"
>> is not useful either.
>

> Yep, I was thinking this myself, and was wondering how we would handle
> parameters with spaces as well.
>

>> So my interest here is to keep the way open for accessing uploads.
>> Depending on a check for instanceof String
>> might be enough. A "meta" module probably cleaner.
>

> IMO the meta module is cleaner, yes.  That way we can filter anything
> through URL encoding/decoding as needed, and not just sitemap
> parameters.  If modules aren't added by tomorrow I'll work on it.

Just another thought: The JXPath based modules (request-param is not but
request is) allow to call arbitrary java methods. I don't know the
syntax off head but there are examples on the JXPath site how to do it
(well, they don't illustrate our modules but since the string on the
right hand side of the colon is passed to JXPath as is, it is applicable
here. There might even be samples in our javadocs.)

	Chris.