cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Spaces in request parameters: Problems with raw-request-param
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:14:42 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:

> I'm fine with any solution that tries to maintain current behaviour as
> much as possible. Indeed, there
> is a necessity to access the undecoded parameters or at least easily
> access  re-encoded parameters.
> Mind you, though, that you might need to encode the parameter name as
> well! E.g "parameter[1]=foo++bar"
> is not useful either.

Yep, I was thinking this myself, and was wondering how we would handle
parameters with spaces as well.

> So my interest here is to keep the way open for accessing uploads.
> Depending on a check for instanceof String
> might be enough. A "meta" module probably cleaner.

IMO the meta module is cleaner, yes.  That way we can filter anything
through URL encoding/decoding as needed, and not just sitemap
parameters.  If modules aren't added by tomorrow I'll work on it.

>    Chris.

Regards,

Tony