cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Spaces in request parameters: Problems with raw-request-param
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:41:20 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Kai Benndorf wrote:
>
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> if there really is no way to get the encoded request parameter,
>> although it's not very smart, we still have the possibility to encode
>> the parameter anew. Is there already an existing  function to encode
>> the parameter somewhere?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Kai
>

> Well, if we can't solve the problem correctly, the quick and dirty
> solution is to manually re-encode the value inside the inputmodule
> using java.net.URLEncoder.encode().
>
> Still working on it.. must have patience! :)

If you do this, please bear in mind that I made this module for a
purpose: to get at the uploaded data.
The Request.getParameter() method unfortunately converts them to
java.lang.String which effectively
prevents this. So, if you change this module, please check that the
object is a String before re-encoding
it. And check that the upload sample in the databases block works with
the modification.

Cheers,
    Chris.