cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Linotype and RealPathModule (was: Doco needs landing)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:52:10 GMT
On 29.11.2003 17:02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> I don't mean to be cynical or anything, but Linotype and Portal
>> landed in Cocoon as more-or-less functional things and not much
>> has happened since.
>

> wait a full second, David. I can't talk for Portal-oriented stuff since
> I don't use it, but for linotype, it was ported to be IE5/mozilla
> cross-platform, I received a few patches and Joerg is patching it to fix
> jetty problems and there were discussions about integration with cocoon
> forms and Lenya.

Did I promised it? :-)

I recommended Linotype to two persons here managing their private club
website news. Otherwise these both persons (= software developer) have
to do all the changes in static HTML pages, at least this way it was
done until now. If they choose this approach (what about hosting and so
on ...) the editor base is bigger, less work for them. So Linotype is
not unused or dead - it works. Probably nothing will come back to Cocoon
from these two persons, but who knows - bug reports are also welcome.

The problem with the realpath I came across when testing the first
trials (they worked on one system, but not on another one - endorsed
libs again). I have no problem fixing the realpath problem using my
pseudo code (if !ends with '/') and so on, but I would like to know
what's correct in the servlet spec sense? I read across it, but didn't
find any further mentioning besides realpath exists. Do Tomcat and Jetty
4.2.9 behave correctly or Jetty 4.2.14? And is it something to be fixed
in Linotype or in the realpath module? I don't want to add a simple hack
to circumvent other's problems.