cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs/installing index.xml
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:29:25 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 01.12.2003 17:31, joerg@apache.org wrote:
>
>> joerg       2003/12/01 08:31:22
>>
>>   Modified:    src/documentation/xdocs/installing index.xml
>

> Do we really need to show he deployment for 20 different servlet
> containers? Shouldn't we simply point to the common errors, e.g.
> endorsed libs? Or are these mostly outdated installing instructions
> realy helpful for anyone?

I agree - in fact I think the list of specific instructions give the
impression that installation is highly container-specific which is not
true.

Off the top of my head, the major issues are:

- JDK 1.4 endorsed libs under Tomcat (others?)
- note bundled Jetty.  1) it is not full jetty dist 2) it does not reuse
work directory as currently configured, and therefore caching affects
cannot be observed between restarts.
- HSQL and deploying unexpanded war (which seems to be the default in
some containers?)
- Flowscript (rhino fork) conflict in Web(Sphere|Logic) ?? can never
remember which one!

I can't get to that page right now from here (local dns prob) but there
must be some I missed?  Don't know which of these are noted on that page
currently.

Geoff