cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignore "annotations" namespace in sitemap?
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:46:04 GMT
Le Vendredi, 5 déc 2003, à 23:15 Europe/Zurich, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit
:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> We talked about this at the GT and today again on irc, the goal is to
>> allow structured comments in sitemaps, for example:
>>
>> <map:sitemap
>>         xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0"
>>         xmlns:note="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/annotations/1.0"
>> >

>>  <note:revision date="2003-12-05" author="bd">annotations added to
>> sitemap today</note:revision>
>>
>>  <map:match pattern="">
>>      <note:comment>no filename, generate list of
>> samples</note:comment>
>>      <map:generate src="foo.xml"/>
>>    </map:match>
>>
>> etc..
>>
>> The TreeProcessor would ignore everything in the annotations
>> namespace (Sylvain suggests adding a filtering XMLPipe just after the
>> parser that reads the sitemap file).
>>
>> Suggested namespace is
>> http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/annotations/1.0
>>
>> WDYaT?
>

> Why not simply add element into the map namespace, such as
> map:annotation, or map:documentation, or something? Similar approach
> is used for XMLSchema files.

I prefer a separate namespace as it clearly makes the documentation and
sitemap stuff orthogonal.

They *are* separate concerns: note: is for humans, map: is for Cocoon.
I think a  separate namespace is the logical model for this.

Apart from being slightly more complicated to implement, do you see
other downsides to the namespace option?
I don't think performance is an issue as the sitemap filtering will
only happen when the sitemap changes.

-Bertrand