cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException for Postgres datasource in Generator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:35:43 GMT
Harald Wehr dijo:
> Thanks for your fast answer. I tested your hints but that didn't help.
> Nevertheless there is an interesting debug output. If I call
> conn.getClass().getName() to the connection I get from the pool, the
> output is:
> ------------
> $Proxy4
> ------------
>
> while the connection from the manual building gives:
> ------------
> org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection
> ------------
>
> Do you have any hints on that?

It is normal. Every conection has a name  in this case it is $Proxy4. I
saw similars names using OJB.

Are you ever tried to connect to the Database using JDBC from another tool
using the same driver? For example:

Squirrel SQL - http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

Sometimes the problem can be in the username - password. Also check if
postgres allow tcp connections.

Please note I am just guessing where the things can be wrong. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo