cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject multiple catalogue search
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:07:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a need for a feature similar to Fernando's request back in June and
Beat De Martin's in August.  I was wondering if anything had been done with
that. If not, I'd like some suggestions on how to go about
modifying/enhancing the XMLResourceBundleFactory to do what I need.

We are an ASP that will have 1500 or more clients using the same webapp.  We
would like to see catalogs "concatenated" so that the client's catalog is
searched first and then the default catalog.  In fact, we'd really like a
catalog for each request as well so that the order would be:
client request-specific catalog
global request-specific catalog
client default catalog
global default catalog.

However, we could specify a different id for the request-specific catalogs
vs. the default catalogs.

To make matters worse, we would like to cache the catalogs but be able to
force a refresh through some adminstrative action.

Ralph Goers