cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Load Balancing web applications with mod_proxy...
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:54:36 GMT
On 7 Dec 2003, at 14:35, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> It came out recently on a little "joke"
>> about  mod_jk versus mod_proxy, which is better, and so on...
> <snip what="greate stuff"/>
>> Therefore, no fuss, mod_proxy is load balanced, and now my 25 Jetty
>> instances are kicking ass :-)
> Just a question: what happens if one of the webapp servers crashes?
> Does the random selection still select it? If yes, then users will get
> error pages even if their request could be directed to another server.

You're talking about failover... Yeah, that's the problem... I've seen
too many "AAARRRGGGHHH" when I said the word "Perl", so, the solution
proposed by Jules and Greg (Jetty) of doing it in a module might be

But I got not time (nor interest at this point :-) to write it... If
someone wants pointers, let me know! :-)

View raw message