cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "bernhard huber" <bernhard.hu...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Accessing cache validities from flow
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:02:46 GMT
hi,
<snip/>

> Now, the way the event cache works is like this:
>
>   a) a cache validity is generated
>   b) pipeline is executed
>   c) result is stored in the cache
>
> then the pipeline is never called, until an event is triggered
> externally (from an avalon component) that invalidates that particular
> cache entity.
Some experiences I had using some sort of simple Servlet Cache Filter using
caching by sessionid:
The session is not touched as long the cache entry is valid, the session
gets
expired due to this caching.
But perhaps that's just an issue of the servlet engine, or the Servlet
CachFilter issue,

Your sentence ..the pipeline is never called, just reminded me of the that
situation,
and of the danger of pruning to optimistically.

regards bernhard