cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <>
Subject Re: [cforms] default values and locale
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:12:03 GMT
--- Sylvain Wallez <> wrote:
> Hehe, thinking before coding is often a good thing ;-)

Actually I coded it a few weeks ago and only started thinking
when I considered committing the code =:)

> Why don't you do it the way it's done in the <wb:value> binding? For
> binding to an XML document, it is possible to specify a convertor, that
> can be totally different from the one that will be used to display the
> value to the user. Note that this converter is optional, and if not
> present, the default converter for the datatype is used.

Sounds good, something like this?
    <wd:convertor datatype="" type="">
      <!-- bla bla bla/ -->
    <wd:value>Put default value to be converted here</wd:value>
This still leaves the question of how to figure out the locale of
the definition file.

--Tim Larson

Do you Yahoo!?