cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject [cforms] add getDefinition to Widget interface?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:34:16 GMT
>From the binding and other places I would like access to information
about where widgets are defined, so it can be reported in exceptions.
I added code to the widget definitions and builders to get and store
this information from the DOM.  The question is whether this info
should be retrieved from the definition directly with:
  // This would require adding a getDefinition() method to the
  // Widget interface and thereby exposing the definition.
  somewidget.getDefinition().getLocation()
or indirectly from the widget
  // Definition shielded by widgets' getLocation() method performing:
  //   return definition.getLocation()
  somewidget.getLocation()

WDYT?
--Tim Larson