cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ssh cvs access from Windows
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:21:04 GMT
--- Tony Collen <colle006@umn.edu> wrote:
> Timothy Larson wrote:
> > On Linux I have cvs access via ssh working great, but I cannot seem
> > to get it to work on Windows.
>
> I use Pageant and PLink. Pageant is a program that supplies private
> keys to programs like PuTTY or PLink.

Thank you to everybody for the answers.  I finally got it to work when
I noticed that when using Putty's plink program and a saved session that
you use the session name instead of the host name. This tidbit came from:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.53b/htmldoc/Chapter7.html#7.5

Instead of mentioning "cvs.apache.org"...
  cvs -d :ext:tim@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs co cocoon-2.1
...mention the name of a saved Putty session, such as "cocoon":
  cvs -d :ext:tim@cocoon:/home/cvs co cocoon-2.1
and now it works.

--Tim Larson