cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From simon.mi...@t-online.de (Simon Mieth)
Subject Re: [CocoonBean] recycle?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:25:44 GMT
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:00:02 +0000
Upayavira <uv@upaya.co.uk> wrote:

> Are you really sure that this.crawler = new Crawler() is
> all that is needed? If so, then that's great.

In my case, i'm sure. By processing the Crawler iterates
through the targets, remove from stillNotVisited and put
they to visitedAlready.
If i will now rebuild the pipeline i add the URI as a new
target to CocoonBean, but the Crawler ignores this, because
the uri is in "visitedAlready".
So if  i will rebuild the pipeline i need a empty Crawler,
which now reports correct the generated pages for this
process-session.

What i do, is:

addTarget(uri1)
addTarget(uri2)
process()

//change the documents

recycle()
addTarget(uri1)
addTarget(uri2)
process()

and it works now with recycle() without create a new
cocoon-instance, as before.

In my case it looks, as it works, but not i'm sure, if it
works for all ;-) .

> Note, this would not be an implementation of an interface,
> as the CocoonBean is not an Avalon component. It would
> just be a convenience method.
>
> I'm happy to add it. Any objections anyone?
>
> Regards, Upayavira
>
> >BTW: the Checksum and page-reporting stuff works fine,
> >thanks.
> >

> Great. Maybe I should document it!
>
> Regards, Upayavira

With the page/link-reporting a have build a progressbar, so
everybody can see the page-building, thats really fine,
thanks again.

Best regards,

Simon