cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <>
Subject Re: [cforms] New Repeater Binding Semantics (was Re: CocoonForms simple-repeater binding sample?)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:26:40 GMT
--- Marc Portier <> wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm very late on all this.

That's OK.  We all have work to do with different time constraints.

> > Actually, there's currently no use of this class in Cocoon samples, but
> > I use it on my projects. Here's how: in the flow, I don't load/save the
> > DOM directly, but through a JXPathContext as follows;
<snip sample code/>

It makes sense now with the help of your sample code.

> > Having to explain how this work yesterday during a training, I felt that
> > it should be better hidden in the binding machinery, since this is
> > somehow needed every time we bind a form do a DOM (unless the DOM
> > already contains the whole XML structure).

I agree this should be automated to work with the regular load/save.

> > So what about adding this into the AbstractJXPathBinding: if the object
> > passed to load/save is a Node, then add the DOMFactory automatically.

I had not looked into that technique, but if we add on-insert-row to the
simple repeater then it seems to solve itself because insert-node registers
a factory.

--Tim Larson

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now