cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ignore "annotations" namespace in sitemap?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:09:32 GMT
--- Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> We talked about this at the GT and today again on irc, the goal is to
> allow structured comments in sitemaps, for example:
<snip example/>
> The TreeProcessor would ignore everything in the annotations namespace
> (Sylvain suggests adding a filtering XMLPipe just after the parser that
> reads the sitemap file).
>
> Suggested namespace is http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/annotations/1.0
>
> WDYaT?

+1 to the concept and the namespace.

I would also like to see any top-level elements outside the
sitemap namespace be stripped by the filtering XMLPipe.
This would allow other "files" to be embedded in the sitemap
and extracted using a common stylesheet.  When dealing with
small files this could reduce the file count terror I sometimes
feel with Cocoon.

PS: Don't tell anyone, but really I would like to do it the
other way around; use a stylesheet to extract the sitemap
from a composite file and be able to use the cocoon: protocol
in map:mount.  This is a "little" drastic, so I am saying it
very very quietly :)

--Tim Larson

be ignored