cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CocoonForms simple-repeater binding sample?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:18:34 GMT
--- Timothy Larson <timlarsonwork@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have a working sample of a simple-repeater binding?
> I am trying to adapt the binding to work with (you guessed it)
> class, new, struct, and union, but I am having trouble getting
> the simple-repeater binding working.

More information:
The regular repeater binding works for me, but the simple-repeater
throws an exception about the factory not being set on the jxpath
context.

  <!-- Regular repeater binding: works -->
  <wb:repeater id="contacts"
    parent-path="contacts"
    row-path="contact"
    unique-row-id="id"
    unique-path="@id">
    <wb:on-bind>
      <wb:value id="sample" path="name"/>
    </wb:on-bind>
  </wb:repeater>

  <!-- Simple repeater binding: does not work -->
  <wb:simple-repeater id="contacts"
    parent-path="contacts"
    row-path="contact">
    <wb:value id="sample" path="name"/>
  </wb:simple-repeater>

Exception:

cause: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create xpath contact[1];
Factory is not set on the JXPathContext - cannot create path:
/wd:form[1]/wd:widgets[1]/contacts[1]

Interesting part of exception chain stacktrace:

Original Exception: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create
xpath
contact[1]; Factory is not set on the JXPathContext - cannot create path:
/wd:form[1]/wd:widgets[1]/contacts[1]

	at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:420)

	at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:397)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.SimpleRepeaterJXPathBinding.saveFormToModel(SimpleRepeaterJXPathBinding.java:149)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.ComposedJXPathBindingBase.saveFormToModel(ComposedJXPathBindingBase.java:108)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.ContextJXPathBinding.saveFormToModel(ContextJXPathBinding.java:107)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.JXPathBindingBase.saveFormToModel(JXPathBindingBase.java:119)

	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor70.invoke(Unknown Source)

Interesting part of stacktrace:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create xpath contact[1];