cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Xerces 2.6 bug (was Re: Build failure because of proxy-firewall)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:00:24 GMT
--- Geoff Howard <cocoon@leverageweb.com> wrote:
> So, do we
> 1) Ignore the bug until a later version of xerces is released?  (the bug
> is that the build fails without an internet connection due to the dtd
> resolving in web.xml)
> 2) Roll back to 2.5? (I assume this would unfix other bugs?)
> 3) Use a dated version of xerces from cvs until their next release.
>
> WDYT?

Just for your information, my first test must have been in error,
because my setup now works with just the rollback to version 2.5,
just like, IIRC, Bruno reported.

Unless there are fixes we need in 2.6, I tend toward just rolling
back to 2.5 until the next xerces release (option #2).
If anyone requires 2.6, then option #3 would be my second choice.
Lets not scare off any developers behind firewalls or on trains :)

--Tim Larson