cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Hiding business logic in flow: how to get at naked request?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:57:40 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> writes:

<snip/>

> >The problem is that cocoon.request is a FOM_Request which is
> an inner
> >class of FOM_Cocoon. I've followed the discussion on what to
> expose to
> >the flow layer, but in this case I think the model is too
> conservative.
> >I believe we need a way to get at the real Cocoon Request,
> making the
> >inner class public ally available wouldn't really help since you'd
> >still need to unwrap it in the end...??
> >
> >Am I missing something?  Is there another way to get some generic
> >request level objects out of the flow and to our business logic
> >classes?
> >

> There is a way. Not that straightforward, though.
>
> You should use the new cocoon.createObject(classname) method that
> instanciates an object and goes through the various lifecycle
> interfaces. Your class has to be Contextualizable, and you
> can then get
> the request from the context using ContextHelper.getRequest(context).

Uggg....

> Now I agree with you that having a restricted object model in
> the flow
> is too much constraining.

Just tried the following:  pass the cocoon object straight to my class
from the flow and tell my code to expect a FOM_Cocoon.  It can then run
the getRequest() method directly.  It didn't work, I believe it can't
find the method in my class for some reason?  Does the cocoon object get
recast on the way to my class?