cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Cache keys with request metadata (was Re: Accessing cache validities from flow)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:36:58 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> asks:

> >That's sort of one of the things that we are doing, only within the
> >current Cocoon infrastructure:  in some places we maintain
> our own static hash map of key strings that map to Cocoon
> validities.  We can the look up a Cocoon validity and have it
> mark itself invalid.  The key strings we build are based
> purely on the metadata for the data in question (or sometimes
> the metadata about the metadata, since the whole system is
> metadata driven).  We really need to be able to maintain a
> multi-level hierarchy of dependencies and it would be nice if
> we didn't have to build the code ourselves...
> >

> Well, seems like you may have a good starting base for something that
> can be developped here. Dare to share?

I've asked in the past if I could contribute some of our code back to
Cocoon, in particular in relation to caching and what we have done in
this area.  I've never got a response back, I suspect the organization
doesn't quite know how to deal with such a request.  I'll ask once more,
but I wouldn't hold your breath.  If I had the time I'd recreate the
code independently at home but unfortunately I know that won't happen
any time soon...