cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject build docs broken - Ant override ignored
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:32:24 GMT
The 'build docs' is broken. Help with Ant advice please.

It is supposed to respect the environment variable $FORREST_HOME
and the build does try to do it, but fails. So it ends up getting
the default, which is ../xml-forrest/some-dir (as defined in
build.properties). On my system that is forrest-0.6-dev, however
we all need to build Cocoon docs using the stable forrest-0.5
which can be achieved by setting $FORREST_HOME and $PATH.

There is a workaround. Do 'build docs' which will prepare everything,
then call forrest-0.6-dev (which will fail for some other reason).
Then do 'forrest' which uses forrest-0.5 as per $FORREST_HOME.

Anyway, back to the problem. The build first sets a stack of
properties read from build.properties. Then Cocoon's build file
tools/targets/forrest-build.xml checks to see if $FORREST_HOME
is defined and would use that.

Doing 'build.sh -debug docs' gives some info ...
------
forrest.checkenv:
Found
$FORREST_HOME=/usr/local/cvs/forrest-stable/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat
Override ignored for property forrest.home
forrest.home set to ../xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat/
------

Why is the override ignored? How do we fix this in Ant.
(I have tried Ant doco but cannot see it.)

--David