cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From dalt...@union.edu
Subject Re: Caching Questions
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:20:31 GMT
My apologies to Sylvain for sending this to him (and not the list).  I used a
different mail program and it replies to the person rather than the list.  My
apologies.

Here is my message (roughly), it wasn't saved.

Hi,

Sylvain, have you looked at cleaning up the private caches?   If someone
would like to point me in the right direction (i.e. do the caches all use
the java.util.hashmap, are they all similar, where is one?) then I would
like to take a look at it and see if I can't do it.

I will also be writing tests for the cache (and likely the store as well).  Any
guidance or suggestions would be helpful.  I as thinking, some of the blocks
(in the samples, for instance) use caching.  Would these make good tests, or is
there any application that uses it extensively that might be a good litmus?

- Jeff