cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <m...@rolf-kulemann.com>
Subject Re: StreamGenerator doesn't accept text/html
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:08:14 GMT
On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 22:59, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> >Ok, so Epoz is generating wellformed xhtml. (?)
> >

> >>I would be against making StreamGenerator tidy aware, but for anything
> >>else go for it.
> >>

> >Sorry, what do you mean with tidy aware and go for it? (sorry)
> >

> Seems you have to learn the "cocoon speech" ;-)

I have to learn a lot more than that, but I'm looking forward to it.

> - "tidy aware" means using jdity [1] to transform the HTML into
> well-formed XHTML (we actually don't care if it's valid according to the
> XHTML DTD, but need it to be syntactically correct XML).
> - "go for it" means we agree with what we want to do.

Means, I should submit the patch for StreamGenerator?

> A question, by the way: is it possible for Epoz to submit its content as
> a regular form field, i.e. like an HTML input? It would be more
> convenient than a PUT in many circumstances.

For Epoz it is possible (in general, why not), but I/we do not want to
modify Epoz code, because we want to treat Epoz as a as is third party
module. We only customize css and things considered by Epoz to be
customized.

In short: Epoz does a PUT so I have to handle it. Maybe in a future
version it will do a multi part post thingy.

Thanks Sylvian.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Condense soup, not books!