cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From dalt...@union.edu
Subject Caching Questions
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:27:44 GMT
Greetings,

Please forgive me if any of my questions seem simple, I am new to Cocoon.  As
a senior capstone project I am working on Cocoon, specifically refactoring the
caching system using AspectJ (Aspect-Oriented Programming).

I have several questions.

1) Are there test cases for the caching system? JUnit CocoonTestCase??  Are
there functional tests, unit tests, etc..?  What IS there, and if so, where
can I find it?  If NOT, then it will be a crucial part of my project to
develop them and perhaps you can give me some guidance.   Where are the test
cases found? I see a handful of cases in the the .jar file in the Build
directory.

2) I am trying to modify the caching system, and I am trying to sort out
exactly how it all works together.  There is the caching pipleline in
org.apache.cocoon.caching and also the org.apache.cocoon.components.store.  I
am still trying to figure out how the applications utilize these, do the
applications handle it explicitly, does cocoon do it automatically??   I have
read the documentation on caching on the website (and in the few Cocoon dev
books, but am still a bit hazy how it all works together).  Is there a decent
sized application (or block/componenent that you might recommend me
examining?).

3) I have been following the the discussion on the store:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107066391625123&w=4
I could possibly make some improvements/optimizations to the caching system
and contribute this to the project.  Would you be interested in an AO
implementation????

Thanks,

- Jeff Dalton
daltonj@union.edu