cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [POLL] Interest in unified code convention
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 03:40:46 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> after I made some positive experiences with jalopy, an open source
> code formatter, I want to offer install jalopy with a proposal
> for the our code convention.

What do you mean by "install"? In our CVS? Or does each committer
who wants to help, need to have it installed locally?

> This should be a welcome alternative to the various 'organize imports'
> and 'dos2unix' etc.
>
> What do'ya think?

As we discussed in the other "Whitepace" thread [1] there are
many issues with this, so we need to tread carefully. Imagine
that someone was doing major work on a certain component. When
they do a 'cvs update' then they would get massive cvs conflicts.

Perhaps we should practise with the cocoon-2.2 repository.

I am not sure what POLL means, but yes i am interested.
Thanks for exploring this.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106843997700002

--David