cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <>
Subject Re: CocoonForms server sizing?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:35:28 GMT
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 12:24, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> >>yes, enable stylesheet caching (use-store=true in the cocoon.xconf)
> >
> > why isn't this a default setting ?
> Because a long time ago there was a memory leak with this option in
> Xalan. In the meantime Xalan became much more stable, but no one had the
> time to test the feature in real life again.

There's also another problem: the store used to cache the stylesheets
apparently tries to serialize the cached items to disk, as reported

just had a quick look into it, it seems that if we would set the
use-persistent-cache option of the transient store to false this should
be fixed. I don't know if this would be acceptable though (depends on
which other components put items in that store).

Bruno Dumon