cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doco needs landing (Was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 features.xml)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:36:16 GMT

On 1 Dec 2003, at 08:26, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> What I don't really understand is that he is not using a public Apache
> repository, like the Cocoon scratchpad, to do it.

I am!!! I'm sending back the patches to slide everytime I make one. I
was nominated for committership in Slide and hopefully I will be voted
in.

Next step is the repository block and this happens here in cocoon. I
already sent an email about it.

Doco is growing bottom up.

After the repository block is done, I plan to move Linotype to use the
repository block and the code will get back in cocoon cvs.

After that, I plan to move the xhtml editor of linotype into Cocoon
Forms. This will happen in cocoon cvs again.

then will move lenya to use cocoon forms and flow, this will happen in
lenya cvs (but probably on a branch or /proposal/ not to stop lenya
from growing)

then will write the mailets for the mail workflow, this will happen in
james cvs (but I'm not committer there)

etc.. etc..

please understand that I'm doing everything in the open. I'll try to
come up with a "implementation plan" so that people know what stage I
am in... but the problem is that each stage depends on the previous, so
there is no parallelization possible... this is why I said separating
phases is going to slow things down. there is not much code to write,
it's already there, it just needs to be polished.

but there is *NO* single line of code that isn't already back in the
CVS repositories or is going to be there.

Doco is still a long way, people. We have the pieces, but they are
rough, we need to polish them first. and this is what I'm doing. One
piece at the time.

--
Stefano.