cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Kovacs" <al...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>
Subject Re: CocoonForms server sizing?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:51:30 GMT
Hi Tim,

I am working on a big project using woody (oops CocoonForms) with around
1600 forms. We will probably run some benchmarks to get the sizing info and
I will let you know once we get them done. We however do not know enough
about tunning cocoon, apart from using resource pooling for components set
in the sitemap. Is there other pertinent information that we should know?

BTW, woody's widget output type has a flow. If one is using output for the
widget styling in the form template, the output fields cause the data to be
lost in the xml or bean model. I think what happens is that the binding will
try to map a non existent <input> field and will set the value to null or
empty string. What we did to solve this problem was to change the
woody-field-styling.xsl for the output type as follows:

  <xsl:template match="wi:field[wi:styling[@type='output']]">
    <xsl:copy-of select="wi:value"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="{@id}" value="{wi:value}">   <<<<<<<<<<
added
    </input>
  </xsl:template>

I am not sure where to report this problem and if you consider a problem at
all, so I placed it here :-).

Rgds,
Alex