cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
Subject Re: multiple catalogue search
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:43:44 GMT
From: "Ralph Goers" <>

> Hi,
> I have a need for a feature similar to Fernando's request back in June and
> Beat De Martin's in August.  I was wondering if anything had been done
> that. If not, I'd like some suggestions on how to go about
> modifying/enhancing the XMLResourceBundleFactory to do what I need.
> We are an ASP that will have 1500 or more clients using the same webapp.
> would like to see catalogs "concatenated" so that the client's catalog is
> searched first and then the default catalog.  In fact, we'd really like a
> catalog for each request as well so that the order would be:
> client request-specific catalog
> global request-specific catalog
> client default catalog
> global default catalog.

Not sure that this is possible in exactly this way, but there were made
enhancements to support specific/default catalogs. Take a look at the i18n
transformer configuration documentation.

> However, we could specify a different id for the request-specific catalogs
> vs. the default catalogs.
> To make matters worse, we would like to cache the catalogs but be able to
> force a refresh through some adminstrative action.

This is not yet implemented. Vadim was making changes in this part recently,
so probably you can join him in working on this feature. If you implement
the Bundle cache validity to take into account the last modification time of
the file then you can simply touch desired message files and thus force
their reload.

> Ralph Goers

View raw message