cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Woody styling speed (was: Re: Thank you)
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:36:04 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

<snip/>

>I've been using profiling pipeline for woody pipelines. It turns out that more
>than 75% of processing is consumed by woody-styling.xsl
>So it is not woody that is slow but the presentation layer

This is no surprise: the form processing code basically traverses the
widget tree and parses request parameters. Not that much more.

There are two things we can do to improve styling speed:
- rewrite it with STX: most of the styling templates can by streamed.
- since woody-styling.xsl is the last transformation, move it on the
client for those browsers that have an XSLT engine (Mozilla, IE6)

Sylvain