cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] - <wd:hotkey> status?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:06:23 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> And "habitualization" is related to what you usually need. Switch to
>> another language version of the office applications you usually use,
>> and you'll see that menu shortcuts will change also. An example that
>> comes to mind is MS Word, where "bold" is ctrl-B in english but
>> ctrl-G in french because the french for bold is "gras".
>

> LOL, really Sylvain: this only shows french chauvinism (or the lack of
> any belgian similar feeling)

Grmmph... ;-)

> fact is: we do have ctrl-B in belgian language versions (but maybe
> this is only because the V for 'vetjes' was already taken?)

Note that we do have also the usual Z-X-C-V shortcuts for
undo-cut-copy-paste. This is, I guess, because the definition of these
keys is related to a geographical placement on the keyboard rather than
a letter from the corresponding word (although key layout also differs
among languages).

But looking at it closer, I see that although menu shortcuts not always
corresponds to the actual word defining the action, access keys always
do, since they have to be displayed as underlined.

Sylvain