cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MountTableMatcher
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:55:17 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> Just one thing, why is this in cocoon root directory? Couldn't it
>>> be in the src/webapp directory (context root)?
>>

>> Certainly not! The purpose of putting it in the root directory is
>> that it is not part of the build, and so not deleted if you do a
>> "build clean".
>>
>> Now maybe directly at the root is not a so good location and it
>> should be placed elswhere. But this also would mean that it's less
>> visible.
>

> Would it be possible to make it configurable in build.properties and
> have it default to ../..?
>
> This would, to my mind, make your solution usable in a live
> environment too where webapps aren't necessarily still in build/webapp.
>
> I don't know if the XPatch task can handle patches with ant
> properties, but if it could...

Sorry to jump in late (just saw your "I commited it!" message), but
what's the need for this?

MountTableMatchers allows externally-defined indirections to be plugged
into a sitemap, and you add another level of indirection through the
build property.

Sorry, but this really seems FS to me as I think nobody will ever change
the build property, but just modify the sitemap statement...

Moreover, I don't understand the "live enviromnent" argument, as it's
not desirable at all, IMO, to deploy the main samples sitemap "as is" on
a live enviromnent. All the mounts it contains are either highly
samples-related or automounts that are dangerous in a production
environment.

Sylvain