cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] Datatypes revisited
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:03:27 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Bruno Dumon dijo:
>

>>The convertors in Woody are for translating between string and object
>>representations.
>>
>>It has been proposed before to add some casting methods to the
>>datatypes, for example:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106776875918689&w=2
>>

>Thanks Bruno for your answer.
>
>I saw the mail yesterday. Thanks for the link. Now, I am willing to do
>that, but need your help.
>
>The receipt of this:
>
>1- As Sylvain suggested I will add 2 new methods to the Datatype interface.
>2-Add this methods in o.a.c.woody.binding.ValueJXPathBinding

I had a deeper look at JXPath, and this doesn't seem to be so easy, as
JXPath doesn't provide us a way to know the type of the data that has to
be set.

Furthermore, JXPath relies on an internal type conversion mechanism in
TypeUtils, which can be extended with a TypeConverter. But this
TypeUtils accepts only one TypeConverter, which is stored in a static
variable !!

Sylvain