cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bastardized URL protocol
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:31:01 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>Just because we have one protocol that is messed up and we can't change it
>>doesn't mean we should make the same mistakes.
>>

>True.
>

>>For the Context protocol, I highly recommend doing something other than the one slash
vs. two approach used for the "cocoon" protocol.

>>*Something* doesn't have to mean using the xml:base approach outlined above.
>>But it does mean that we shouldn't repeat the same mistake.
>>

>Sorry, I haven't followed the whole discussion, so this might have been already discussed:
why can't we use a new protocol, e.g. "sitemap:", so context:// is the context :), and sitemap://
resolves relative to the current sitemap?

>Even using context:// and context:/ is fine for me. Users are used to it anyway, even
if it might not be the most perfect syntax.

+1. And since it perfectly matches the "cocoon://" vs "cocoon:/"
difference, I think this will be the most easy to understand rather than
"context://" vs "sitemap://".

Sylvain