cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Saving pipeline output to a temp file...everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask!
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:10:53 GMT
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>Will this be in place in 2.1.3?  If not then I would suggest that precluding the use of
this unspecified behaviour prior to delivering the flowscript action is irresponsible to large,
devoted Cocoon users and will win you little good will in the community.  Regardless of how
"philosopically" right the course of action might be in your eyes.

Sorry Andrzej, but the community has decided with a vote.

One of the values of the Cocoon project is to try to be philosophically
right. And this is by fixing this kind of issues sooner than later that
Cocoon tries to keep a clean architecture. Sure, the docs aren't what
they should be to clearly document what we consider "clean". But
enforcing it in the code somehow circumvents the lack of docs. Sorry if
you have to cope with the consequences of this attitude this time.

The flowscript action is not in place, but you may find a convenient
replacement with the ScriptAction (bsf block) that relies on BSF and as
such accepts JavaScript code also. There's no "cocoon" object, but all
usefull objects you normally access through "cocoon" are directly
visible, such as "request", "manager", "logger", "resolver", etc.

Sylvain