cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [woody] validation error messages
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:31 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I noticed that when you use something like :
>
>     form.getWidget ("email").setValidationError (
>         new ValidationError ("validation.email.inuse")
>     );
>
> then the i18n tag output by setValidationError() looks like this:
>
>     <i18n:text catalogue="woody">validation.email.inuse</i18n:text>

Note that you can also use the second constructor which specifies if the
string is an i18n key or the final message, i.e.:
new ValidationError("Bad input!", false);

> which means that any custom validation errors pretty much have to be
> kept in WoodyMessages which could well be inconvenient ....

Sure, you're right.

> Is it really necessary for Woody to set the catalogue attribute in
> this situation?

I would say no, but I'm not very aware of the multicatalogue i18n
features. Isn't it possible to specify no attribute and have the i18n
transformer search all declared catalogues?

> BTW. Is there a plan to add a generic form validation message tag to
> woody? ie. not tied to a particular field widget.

A widget that would collect all error messages? IIRC, this has been
discussed.

Sylvain