cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best way to edit XML file using Cocoon?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:09:34 GMT
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>I'm writing an application that presents a high level UI to the users in a browser, but
under the covers it is building/editing/modifying an XML document which keeps track of all
the things the user wants to do.

>Any advice on the best way to implement this?
>
>I figured on storing a DOM instance in the users session, and then using flowscript to
control the app flow and to edit the XML DOM structure in the session as each user request
comes in.  When the user has completed the workflow, I would serialize the DOM instance out
into a database for storage.

>Thoughts?  Suggestions?

That's exactly the purpose of my current project: edit complex XML
documents stored in BLOBs, and provide an advanced GUI that totally
hides the fact that it's an XML file.

The document is loaded in a flowscript global variable (i.e. tied to the
session), and lots of woody forms modify their respective parts of this
document. When finished, the user clicks a save button and the document
is stored in database.

Sylvain