cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upload widget for Woody: how to handle form redisplay?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 09:42:01 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> A solution is to keep the uploaded content in a temp area until the
>> form is valid. But what if the user leaves and never re-submits the
>> form? Should we rely on the garbage collector to finalize() the
>> upload widget to clean the temp area?
>

> How about catching the expiration of the continuation and removing the
> temp file from there?

Good idea.

For this, we'll need some kind of "ContinuationExpirationListener". But
they'll have to be registered in the continuation that _will_ be created
at the next sendPageAndWait, as the latest continuation represents a
past state, and may not exist if we just started the flowscript.

I think we must also use the cleanup on finalize() for cases where forms
are used outside of flowscript (i.e. with actions).

Sylvain