cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Respecting the CLI
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:58:14 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> The only thing that comes to mind is automated tests of both CLI and
>>> servlet environments...at this point it is a lot of work to add, but I
>>> doubt that any rules like "make sure you re-test the CLI" would work.
>
> Re-reading this I realize that it might give the wrong impression: I'm
> not saying that the CLI is not important, but rather than asking people
> to test their stuff in several environments usually doesn't work, unless
> this testing is quick and automated.

Gump. It already works.

What we need is to make core Cocoon *not* need the servlet jar, as I had
tried in he past but gt fed up with discussions.

Take the servlet jar out, see what the dependencies are, make sure that
the core doesn't need servlet.jar, and you are halfway there.

Then add a test run target to the ant buildfine and make sure Gump runs
it daily.

Problem solved.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -