cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 07:28:17 GMT
Ryan Hoegg wrote:

> peter royal wrote:
>
>> Anyone:
>>
>> Any thoughts about using Jelly as the builder for the sitemap?
>>
>> Its usage can be completely hidden, but as a tag processor, it might
>> work very well. We could use it to construct a bean-graph to model
>> the sitemap.
>>
>> -pete
>

> Sounds sensible.  Is jelly in use anywhere else in Cocoon?  It sounds
> like a great fit.

Jelly is not currently used in Cocoon. The idea is interesting, but it
also means a rewrite of a large part of the sitemap engine, and doesn't
give an immediate answer to the mixing between components and container
outlined by Berin.

Note that I don't state this to protect the current treeprocessor, but
to minimize the work required to move to Fortress. Now I recognize I
don't know Jelly and thus how hard this would be.

Sylvain