cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] rollback Cocoon 2.2 and do Fortress merge later (was Re: Fortress Conversion Stalled)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:43:01 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> Berin, is it more the lack of time or more the tight
>>> coupling with ECM?
>>>
>>> I was so glad to see this effort and I am wondering
>>> ...how much ...and what is left to do? Maybe you
>>> could give a summary of what you came across?
>>>
>>> Maybe you just need some more helping hands?
>>

>> Here is what is left to do:
>>
>> * Make the TreeBuilder system work with Fortress instead of ECM.
>> * Make the Main class work with the new bean.
>> * Get rid of the old bean.
>> * Incorporate the meta-generation into the ANT build
>

> I think this sounds doable! No reasons for a rollback!
> So the major obstacle is the treeprocessor...
>
>> * Test and make sure everything works.
>

> It's the new branch... no worries ;)
>
>> I have no more time, and the TreeBuilder is very tightly integrated.
>

> I am sure Sylvain will support anyone that will give it a try :)

Sure I will. It would clearly be a bad thing to trash the time and
effort Bering has put there. I may not have the required time to do it
by myself, but I'm ready to answer questions. So maybe with the combined
support of Berin and me we can turn this into a deeper knowledge of the
sitemap engine for the whole group.

Berin, what's the major wall you hit in the TreeProcessor? AFAIU,
Recomposable is a problem, but also something we can easily remove from
the code with some light refactoring.

What are the other difficult points?

Sylvain