cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fooling around with cocoon davmap
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:52:07 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

>> Uh (again)? I'm wondering if there's not a misunderstanding here:
>> this FIXME is about knowing if a flowscript is allowed to terminate
>> without stating what page it to be displayed, i.e. check if one of
>> sendPage(), sendPageAndWait() or redirectTo() was called.
>

> I think that flow should cover as many features of the actions as
> possible, and for this, it should be allowed not to redirect (as
> actions are allowed to do):
>
> <map:call method="doSomething"/>
> <map:generate/>
> <map:transform/>
> <map:serialize/>

Mmmh... in that case, we need a flowscript function to return a Map of
sitemap variables. Shouldn't it be better to have a "flowscript-action"
that would call a function (and not a continuation) and would share
global variables with flowscript while not being allowed to call
sendPageAndWait()?

> Can we remove this comment now? :)

Let's wait a bit ;-)

Sylvain