cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Dynamic woody templates?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 22:56:14 GMT
Hi Woody'ers

Lately, I encountered several use cases where I found that the current
<wt:repeater-widget> we have today is not enough.

Here are some:
- if the repeater is empty, the "delete selected items" should not
appear underneath
- I'm currently writing move up/move down row actions, and I don't want
to display the "up" on the first row nor the "down" on the last one
- when a repeater is empty, I want to display e.g. "there are currently
no items" instead of just the table headers

The first two items can eventually be solved by having the widgets
generating nothing when some condition is verified, but the third cannot
be solved without adding new information in the form template.

So I was thinking to add new esql-like statements (analoguous to
esql:results, esql:no-results, etc) in the woody template.

What do you think?

But I'm also wondering, as woody usage increases, if we will not need to
write form templates involving more and more conditional parts. And for
this, JXTemplate shines. But mixing jx-like access to the form model
with wt: templates elements is likely to quickly become unnatural. A
solution could be to augment the JXTemplate syntax with new
Woody-related instructions. Taglibs for JXTemplate?

What do you think (again)?

Sylvain