cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Profiling Pipeline [was Re: [RT] Unit testing and CocoonUnit]
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:53:03 GMT

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Sunday, Nov 2, 2003, at 15:57 Europe/Rome, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Stephan Michels wrote:

> > (IIRC) Stephan did a lot of work on how profiler counts time, and now
> > it's not useless at all.
>
> ah, didn't know that! I used it a while ago and it seemed to me that
> the numbers were totally silly.
>
> Stephan, can you explain the changes (or point me to a message that
> explains it)? thanks.

All I made was to use XMLByteStreamInterpreter/Compiler as a buffer,
measure each sitemap component separate.

G -> Buffer1

Buffer1 -> T1 -> Buffer2

etc.

The side effect is that you can use these buffers to get intermediate
document as debug information.

(Buffer(n) -> Buffer(n+1) take in most cases less than a 1ms)

I also measure the time for setup(), which needs in some special cases
400 times more time.

Stephan.